Wuhan Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
Visiting your GP at Mandurah Medical:
Instructional signage has been placed at both Practice entrances for patients to READ and FOLLOW procedures with the aim to capture potential infections PRIOR to arrival/ entry of the Practice.
😷If you have an acute respiratory infection (cough/ shortness of breath) &/or fever AND
😷Have travelled overseas OR
😷Have had known contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19
PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE PRACTICE
Please phone us on 9535 4644 for further advice.
👉This protocol is in place to help prevent further outbreak.
TRAVELLING AND NON-SYMPTOMATIC PATIENT ADVICE:
You MUST self-isolate if any of the following applies to you:
- you have COVID-19
- you have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19
- you arrived in Australia after midnight on 15 March 2020
How to SELF-ISOLATE for 14 days: (to prevent possible spread of the virus to other people)
Staying home means you:
- do not go to public places such as work, school, shopping centres, childcare or university
- ask someone to get food and other necessities for you and leave them at your front door
- do not let visitors in — only people who usually live with you should be in your home
- do not need to wear a mask in your home, but do wear one if you have to go out (for example to seek medical attention)
- should stay in touch by phone and online with your family and friends
Source: How to Self-Isolate
As part of the ongoing response to preparing for and managing coronavirus (COVID-19), three COVID Clinics, at Royal Perth, Sir Charles Gardiner and Fiona Stanley Hospitals, will be operational from Tuesday 10 March 2020.
The clinics will provide support to people who have symptoms consistent with a potential diagnosis of COVID-19, such as fever or respiratory symptoms.
👉 Who should attend the COVID Clinics?
People with fever and respiratory symptoms such as fever, cough or sore throat AND:
* have returned from overseas travel in the last 14 days OR
* are a contact of a confirmed COVID-19 case OR
* believe they have may have been in close contact with a person infected with COVID-19.
Patients who are tested should remain isolated at home, until they receive their test results and further medical advice.
For more information, visit the Self-quarantine and self-isolation section of WA Heath’s website.
👉 Who should avoid the COVID Clinics?
Do not attend unless they have symptoms AND meet the above criteria.
People presenting at COVID clinics may be infectious.
People who don’t have symptoms will be turned away and asked to self-monitor for symptoms.
COVID Clinic Locations:
8.00 am to 8.00 pm daily
Fiona Stanley Hospital – Bedbrook Row, north-eastern end of hospital, Murdoch (Click here for more info)
Royal Perth Hospital – Ground Floor, Ainslie House, 48 Murray Street, Perth
Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital – C Block, Hospital Avenue, Nedlands
Resources, further information and advice:
CORONAVIRUS HEALTH INFORMATION LINE: 1800 020 080 (Open 24/7) For translating or interpreting services, phone: 131 450
For more information, please click on and read the COVID-19 clinics – frequently asked questions (PDF 278KB)
Department of Health: https://www.health.gov.au/health-topics/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov
Dept Of Health Info and Resources: https://www.health.gov.au/resources/collections/novel-coronavirus-resources