Wuhan Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
Visiting your GP at Mandurah Medical:
😷If you have an acute respiratory infection (cough/ shortness of breath) &/or fever AND
😷Have travelled interstate OR
😷Have had known contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19
YOU MUST PHONE US ON 9535 4644 PRIOR TO MAKING YOUR APPOINTMENT & FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES FROM RECEPTION STAFF.
👉This protocol is in place to help prevent further spread of infection.
PATIENT COVID-19 ADVICE:
SYMPTOMS: If you have serious symptoms such as difficulty breathing, call 000 for urgent medical help.
- sore throat
- shortness of breath
- loss of smell & taste
If you are sick and think you might have COVID-19, check your symptoms using this link: Health Direct’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) Symptom Checker.
For more information on symptoms, please visit this link: Australian Government Dept of Health page
How to SELF-ISOLATE: (to prevent possible spread of virus’ to other people)
Staying home means you:
- do not go to public places such as work, school, shopping centres, childcare or university
- ask someone to get food and other necessities for you and leave them at your front door
- do not let visitors in — only people who usually live with you should be in your home
- do not need to wear a mask in your home, but do wear one if you have to go out (for example to seek medical attention)
- should stay in touch by phone and online with your family and friends
Source: How to Self-Isolate
👉 Who should attend the COVID Clinics?
Any person (including children) will be eligible for testing if they meet any of the following criteria:
- presenting with a fever (≥37.5°C) OR
- a recent history of a fever (e.g. night sweats, chills) OR
- an acute respiratory infection e.g. shortness of breath, cough, sore throat OR
- acute loss of smell or taste.
People who have been in New South Wales or Victoria within 14 days of arriving into WA (and are not in a State managed centre/hotel) must present for testing within 48 hours of arriving in WA as well as on day 11.
The clinics will provide support to people who have symptoms consistent with a potential diagnosis of COVID-19, such as fever or respiratory symptoms.
COVID Clinic Locations:
Metro – 8am to 8pm daily:
- Armadale Health Service – Ground Floor, 3056 Albany Highway, Mount Nasura
- Fiona Stanley Hospital – Bedbrook Row, north-eastern end of hospital, Murdoch – (Click here for more info)
- Joondalup Hospital – Car Park P4, regents Park Road
- Rockingham General Hospital – Elanora Drive, Cooloongup
- Royal Perth Hospital – Ground Floor, Ainslie House, 48 Murray St, Perth
- St John of God Midland Hospital – Yelverton Drive, Midland
- Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital – C Block, Hospital Avenue, Nedlands
Regional – 10am to 4pm daily:
- Bunbury Health Campus – 30m left off the main entrance
Resources, further information and advice:
CORONAVIRUS HEALTH INFORMATION LINE: 1800 020 080 (Open 24/7) For translating or interpreting services, phone: 131 450
For more information, please click on and read the COVID-19 clinics – frequently asked questions (PDF 278KB)
Department of Health: https://www.health.gov.au/health-topics/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov
Dept Of Health Info and Resources: https://www.health.gov.au/resources/collections/novel-coronavirus-resources